Etiquette Training Highlight
When you travel in the United Kingdom and meet British people, you will find their behaviour and customs can be very different from your own. In this short course, we help you understand why British people behave the way they do, and how you can ensure that you follow the important rules of etiquette.
We will help you understand:
- Why queueing is important to the British and why they get upset if people don’t follow the rules.
- Why a British person will apologise to you even though something was your fault
- Why the British always seem to talk about the weather
…and many more strange and interesting cultural differences. This course is perfect for people wanting to learn about the cultural differences between the UK and China, as well as people looking to learn about business etiquette and how to make and maintain business relationships with UK-based companies.
If you would like to try the Business Etiquette training, you will learn customary behaviour in doing business with the UK, compared to how this is done in China.
- Acquire business etiquette skills for China-UK relations
- Create the best possible first impression to get your business relationship off to a great start
- Improve confidence in working with British customers
- Manage working partnerships more productively an effectively
- Discover new opportunities by understanding British frame of mind and preferences
- Learn how to secure more sales from British customers
- Maximise your sales by understanding how the British think and their negotiation tactics
- Avoid common pitfalls that can derail negotiations
Prices vary for different locations and will include travel expense, so please let us know where you’d like to go and we will come back to you with prices.
In order to have the best experience, please answer the following questions.
- Please provide a brief summary of your current job and work experience.
- What experience, if any, of visiting or living in the UK do you have? Where possible, please describe both positive and negative experiences.
- Please describe any positive or negative views or explanations that you have about Britain and/or the British. Please be as candid as possible.
- What topics would you consider essential for us to cover in your briefing.
- Using the scale below, how would you rate your English language skills?
|Beginner / Basic||Elementary||Intermediate||Upper Intermediate||Operational / Proficient||Master|
Add us on WeChat to discuss with our staff to build your perfect day.